Know a great Carpenter?
We value our existing Carpenters – they are absolutely fantastic & we look after them. Yet as awesome as they are, we generally have more design & building opportunities than we can accept. We don’t sacrifice on quality.
We have an open door for exploring possibilities with fully qualified, tooled and experienced, quality Carpenters (subcontract for stage work with agreements in place and otherwise employees who will be paired with apprentice Carpenters) who share our values.
If you are a top notch Carpenter looking for a sense of achievement, who thrives on a sense of accomplishment for getting a job done on or before time, inside budget and at high quality we want to reward you and have you on the team!
- Complete the form on this page to let us know a bit about you
- If we decide that we’d like you to come on board we’ll have a chat
- We’ll conduct reference checks
- We may organise an interview with you
- A paid day on site will be organised where we get to each see whether the arrangement is likely to be a fit
- Welcome to the team…!
If at any stage in the process, you or we find its not a fit? No big deal – we have both given things a shot, no hard feelings and we expect to leave things positively. While we do our best to ascertain through the interview process, whether you might be a fit with our team, sometimes we can’t know until you are on site. We value our existing team and their input into potential new members matters.
What do we expect?
- bring your best self to work
- clear & honest communication
- positivity on & offsite about each other and our business, our clients and your fellow team members
- turn up with batteries installed. Bring your energy, intellect, tools & focus to work
- quality, do it right in the most effective and efficient way possible to minimise risk of redoing work – ask questions as often as you need to
- we understand life/stuff happens, family commitments etc., we can be flexible when we know what you need
- to be ready or started at the time you start and pack up after finish time
- to take breaks. Our standard break times are a paid break between 9:35am to 9:45am and an unpaid break between 1:00pm and 1:30pm. There is some flexibility for example you might be mid task at those times however we require you to comply with award break requirements and if breaks are extended beyond what are under the award (1 paid 10 minute break and 1 unpaid half hour break) that this be reflected in your time sheet (breaks that are in excess of that and not reflected on your time record are wage theft)
- think safety – it is everyone’s responsibility
- you must carry your construction induction card (white card or equivalent) at all times
- to complete online induction before commencement and if you are ongoing at the start of each calendar year
- inspection ready sites – keep a clean site / everyone’s responsibility – put rubbish in the designated areas (personal rubbish ie., empty cans, wrappers put back in your esky box). We are working towards zero waste on site & that means everyone needs to do their bit to reduce waste on site.
- to secure site at the end of the day – nobody is allowed on site without either Carl, Meg or a Lead Carpenter present. We are progressively installing security cameras on all our sites for multiple reasons but the sites still need to be left secure at the end of the day.
next steps – tell us a bit about yourself by completing the form on this page & we’ll be in touch.
Further questions contact Meg in the first instance in 0429 841555