Bookkeeper / Administration
Right Hand in bespoke family building business
Build your Career in Construction!
Be rewarded for the value you contribute
Diverse role in small business.
We are a high quality, family, building business specialising in custom, architectural and sustainable homes across Southern Gippsland (approx Phillip Island to Wilson’s Prom) with a strong pipeline of work. This role is intended to be the right hand to the business owners, to do what they do best: supervisory, design and marketing, so that they can grow the team and business. Our team is made up of great people who care about the optimal results we achieve for our clients.
Please note that while we anticipate that the superstar in this role will add more than enough back to the business to keep them ongoing – the role will initially be partially funded via the Jobs Victoria Fund. Please have a look at this and ascertain your eligibility. Commencing with a 12 month part-time contract with review at the end of that period.
Is based in Southern Gippsland (2 hours from Melbourne) close to beautiful beaches and the office (designated room separate to house on our farm) is close to a small town nestled in rolling green hills. You will enjoy working collaboratively to improve, develop and implement systems with the business owners. While our preference is for the role not to be remote, we are open to the role being done partially remotely for a star candidate with appropriate experience (strong construction administration and bookkeeping experience). To most effectively succeed in the role and to add value to the business we foresee very regular in person working arrangements (ie., 1 x week minimum).
This new role will be very varied and supports the smooth running of this business. It is not a trainee position (although once this role is humming and the person has added sufficient value to put on a trainee supervised by this role we may look to doing this). The role has flexibility to be adapted to the right candidate – skills, experience and attitude. For the right person this role could be part or full time (for those with already strong construction experience). For example you might already be living in the area and have the right skills but only available from 9am-3pm (school hours) – we can work with that. Or you could have moved or be willing to move to the area and left a role in another region with the skills, experience and drive we are seeking ready to take up the opportunity of a sea/tree change to boost your career and love the lifestyle! You will work both alongside the business owners and/or autonomously. The hours are open to negotiation – our preference being 4 days x 5 hours per day however dependent on applicant we are open to workable options.
We are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper/administration and all-rounder as an Office Manager to work full or part-time with flexible hours (dependent on industry-specific skills this role could be offered full time with a wider scope to include estimating / construction admin right hand). The successful candidate will be supported to hit the ground running using and growing their existing skills and experience so that together, as a team on and offsite, we will continue to deliver even greater outcomes and experiences for clients as we collaborate with them to achieve their dreams.
We are currently on the lookout for a superstar!
Bookkeeper / Admin Allrounder
- You have a positive can-do attitude, are honest, have a strong work ethic, self-belief, a willingness to learn and adapt
- A continuous improvement approach & eye for detail
- Enthusiastic energy (generally happy / calm)
- You are intelligent and knowledgeable but not a ‘know it all’ – you thrive on learning and growing
- You are professional, self motivated and committed to success
- Demonstrated organisational, analytical and problem solving skills with the perseverance to achieve goals
- Well developed verbal & written communication/relationship skills, including professional correspondence & reports
- Well developed interpersonal & negotiation skills, with proven ability to develop effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently & as a member of a team to achieve business goals within agreed deadlines
- Computer literacy and keyboard skills of a high standard, including proficiency in using accounting (& construction takeoff software would be advantagous)
- Punctual and reliable with a good work ethic
- Well organised – ability to time manage / prioritise tasks & deal with multiple projects
- Honest and well presented
- Bookkeeping: minimum 3 years
- Administration: minimum 3 years
- Quickbooks: minimum 1 year
- Registered BAS Agent (Preferred)
- Australian driver’s licence
- Understanding Architectural plans and Project documentation
- Providing customer estimates
- Background in Carpentry and/or Diploma in Architecture/Building & Construction highly advantageous
- have experience in either carpentry, contract administration or project management
- construction software (if shortlisted you will be asked to go through intro online training of our construction software prior to interview which will take approx 2 hours).
- data entry (& developing more effective systems that are cloud based)
- process invoices / expenses
- Bookkeeping duties including accounts payable & receivable
- Payroll, Superannuation and Workcover
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and credit cards
- BAS Preparation and lodgement
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Working in Progress and Net Working Capital Reports
- Financial Reporting
- Preparing Purchase orders
- answering calls
- mail & diary management
- document management
- general Administrative and personal assistant duties to Construction Manager and Business Manager
- Support of other Carl Talbot Builders team members as required
- continuously improving how we do things in collaboration with the business owners and team
- keeping OH&S and compliance records current
- draft tool box meeting agendas
- upload documents
- engage consultants
- follow up on certificates
- create construction documentation
- create contract drafts & formal documents
- engage with clients, manage doc process
- obtain land data, council info, permits
- Liaising and requesting quotations from suppliers
- Using construction software for takeoffs
- liaising with customers
- Assisting with contract administration
- preparing Specifications
- Preparing Project documentation
- general support as required
- create gift hampers
- keep data base up to date
- ensure client completions are logged
Wage commensurate with experience and what value you add to the business – hours flexible can be part of full-time (needs to be available minimum of 3 days per week either in person &/or remotely) – hours are flexible to your and business needs by negotiation. You will be rewarded for the value you bring. 100% support from senior team – Construction Manager and Business Manager.
Role will commence with a probationary period as soon we have found our Superstar!
Please apply via this form on here on our website with your CV, references and cover letter.