Business Right Hand – Build your Career in Construction!
Be rewarded for the value you contribute
Build your Career! Start with being an all rounder and grow the role within the business!
Carl Talbot Builders is renowned for high quality and detail. As a family & small team building business we specialise in custom medium to high-end residential homes across beautiful Southern Gippsland – with its rolling green productive hills, stunning wide beaches and artistic towns within 2 hours of Melbourne – its a great place to live! While this role will be based out of our Fish Creek office, a lot of our construction work is Inverloch, and we service from Phillip Island to Foster / Wilson’s Prom. We currently have a great year lined up for 2021 with plenty in pipeline and more client inquiry than we take on which has created the opportunity for this long term role that we are excited to have joining our friendly team.
The successful candidate will be supported to hit the ground running using and growing their existing skills and experience so that together, as a team on and offsite, we will continue to deliver even greater outcomes and experiences for clients as we collaborate with them to achieve their dreams.
We are open to the role being part or full time.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the position description and then complete the following:
We are currently on the lookout for a superstar!
Residential Construction Right Hand / Office Allrounder
(Accounts / Contract Admin & Estimating)
- You have a positive can-do attitude, are honest, have a strong work ethic, self belief, a willingness to learn and adapt.
- You have great professional relationship/communication skills, with a continuous improvement approach, an eye for detail & enthusiastic energy.
- You are intelligent, have an eye for detail and knowledgeable but not a ‘know it all’ – you thrive on learning and growing to reach new career levels
- You are professional, ambitious and committed to success
- Drivers license is a prerequisite for this role, you own a reliable vehicle and locally based or willing to move here (we may be able to assist with temporary accommodation if you are moving to the region)
- Demonstrated organisational, analytical and problem solving skills with the perseverance to achieve goals
- Well developed verbal & written communication skills, including professional correspondence & reports
- Well developed interpersonal & negotiation skills, with proven ability to develop effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently & as a member of a team to achieve business goals within agreed deadlines
- Computer literacy and keyboard skills of a high standard, including proficiency in using accounting & construction takeoff software
- Professional / neat presentation
- Understanding Architectural plans and Project documentation
- Liaising and requesting quotations from suppliers
- Using construction software for takeoffs
- liaising with customers
- Providing customer estimates
- Assisting with contract administration
- preparing Specifications
- Preparing Project documentation
- Preparing Purchase orders
- General office duties
- basic bookkeeping (allocations mainly) & payroll (small team)
- keeping OH&S and compliance records
- continuously improving how we do things in collaboration with the business owners and team
- Keeping overall budgets and forecasts updated
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 12 months experience in an office environment
- Background in Carpentry and/or Diploma in Architecture/Building & Construction highly advantageous
- Able to interpret construction / architectural plans
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team for consistent communication
- You will come from a residential construction background in either carpentry, contract administration or project management
- You have a working knowledge of accounting and construction software
Wage commensurate with experience and what value you add to the business – hours flexible can be part of full-time (needs to be available 5 days per week). You will be rewarded for the value you bring. 100% support from senior team – Construction Manager and Business Manager. Ability to grow your role as you are part of the team growing the business – there is huge upscale opportunity here and it does the ability to grow/promote this role and train someone else in aspects of it. Professional team environment. There is future career potential in any area of the business ie., administration, bookkeeping, marketing, estimating or even across to design or carpentry.
Must speak fluent English and have Australian Permanent Residency
Strong organizational and time management skills dealing with multiple projects
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Able to use construction software for estimating
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Strong IT Skills
Ability to prioritize tasks
Have attention to detail
Is based in Southern Gippsland (2 hours from Melbourne) close to beautiful beaches and the office is close to a small town nestled in rolling green hills.
This is a new role that requires experience to hit the ground adding value day 1. You will enjoy working collaboratively to develop and implement systems with the business owners. It is not a trainee position (although once this role is humming and the person has added sufficient value to put on a trainee supervised by this role we may look to doing this).
The role has flexibility to be adapted to the right candidate – skills, experience and attitude. For the right person this role could be part or full time. For example you might already be living in the area and have the right skills but only available from 9am-3pm (school hours) – we can work with that. Or you could have moved or be willing to move to the area and left a role in another region with the skills, experience and drive we are seeking ready to take up the opportunity of a sea/tree change to boost your career and love the lifestyle! You will work both alongside the business owners and/or autonomously. For example one possible scenario could be 2 days a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) you working alongside / share an office with the Business Manager and on Monday, Wednesday & Fridays you working autonomously in that same office (without the BM) and/or with the Construction Manager (Builder) in adjoining office. There is potential for this role to be based at both Inverloch and Fish Creek in the future – for 2021 it will be at Fish Creek.
We are a high quality, family, building business specialising in custom, architectural and sustainable homes across Southern Gippsland (approx Phillip Island to Wilson’s Prom) with a strong pipeline of work. This role is intended to be the right hand to the business owners, to do what they do best: supervisory, design and marketing, so that they can grow the team and business. Our team is made up of great people who care about the optimal results we achieve for our clients.
Role will commence with a probationary period as soon we have found our Superstar!
Please apply via this form on here on our website with your CV, references and cover letter.